Ideas for outdoor fun with your family
- Make your weekly family social activity active! Go to the park instead of the movies
- Take a moonlight or flashlight walk around the block after dinner. You can even chart your steps on a map on the fridge
- Plan a family hike through a scenic park
- Walk to the library on a sunny afternoon
- Try going on a walking tour.
- Go for a family walk and make it a scavenger hunt. Have each of your children collect common items (round rock, pine cone, yellow leaf etc.)
- Enjoy exploring Calgary’s 400km of pathways
- Learn how to hacky sack together.
- Get a book on local birds. Go bird watching and see how many birds you can identify.
- Play games in the backyard such as bocce ball, badminton or lawn darts.
- Take turns swinging the skipping rope for the kids.
- Wash and wax the car with the whole family.
- Play Frisbee on the front lawn.
- Involve the whole family with yard cleanup in spring or fall. When you are done, take everyone for a family swim.
- Play tag or hide n seek with the whole family.
- Go star gazing on a clear evening.