YWCA Emergency Shelter: YWCA Sheriff King Home
The YWCA Sheriff King Home is a 38-bed emergency shelter where abused women, with or without children, can stay up to a maximum of 21 days. We provide shelter, food, individual & group counselling, follow-up services and referrals at no cost to clients.
YWCA Crisis and Transitional Housing Facility: YWCA Mary Dover House
320 – 5th Avenue SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0E5
The YWCA Mary Dover House is an 80-bed transitional home that offers safe, affordable and supportive housing to women and children in times of crisis or transition. In addition to housing, we also offer on-site counselling, referrals and advocacy in an environment that promotes positive change.
Calgary Emergency Women’s Shelter
24hr Family Violence Helpline: 403-234-7233
Shelter Administration: 403-290-1552
201-2616 18 St NE
Calgary AB T2E 7R1
Our programs are for anyone experiencing family violence. We help women, children, youth and men build lives free of abuse. Anyone can call our Family Violence Helpline with questions about family violence and abuse.
Children’s Cottage – Brenda’s House
Contact: (403) 242-8575 ext. 0
Brenda’s House is re-housing program with a sheltering component aimed at supporting families toward independence and their own housing.
A safe place where up to 14 families, are given their own private and lockable room complete with furnishings and private bathroom located in a great community with access to bus routes, playground and recreational needs.
Families reach out to us when they:
- Have exhausted all options for housing and are now homeless.
We support families by:
- Helping you plan toward finding permanent housing.
- Connecting you with your support workers to help you coordinate with community resources on your road to permanent housing.
- Offering you a safe and comfortable environment.
- Providing access to important amenities like nutritious meals, week day child care, community nurse and laundry facilities.